From The Blonde Files – The Dangers of Ironing
A Blonde had two red ears, and so went to the doctor.
The doctor asked her what happened to her ears?
'Well, I was ironing me shirt and the phone rang
. . . and instead of picking up the phone, I accidentally picked up the iron and stuck on my ear.'
'Oh Dear!' The doctor exclaimed in disbelief.
'But . . . that doesn't explain the other red ear.
What happened to your other ear?'
The guy called back.'
Responses to Use With Telemarketers Part 2
11. Answer the phone. As soon as you realize it is a Telemarketer, set the receiver down, scream, 'Oh my God!' and then hang up.
12. Tell the Telemarketer you are busy at the moment and ask him/her if he/she will give you his/her home phone number so you can call him/her back. When the Telemarketer explains that telemarketers cannot give out their home numbers say, 'I guess you don't want anyone bothering you at home, right?' The Telemarketer will agree and you say, 'Me either!' Hang up.
13. Ask them to repeat everything they say, several times.
14. Tell them it is dinner time, but ask if they would please hold. Put them on your speaker phone while you continue to eat at your leisure. Smack your food loudly and continue with your dinner conversation.
15. Tell the Telemarketer you are on 'home incarceration' and ask if they could bring you some beer.
16. Ask them to fax the information to you, and make up a number.
17. Tell the Telemarketer, 'Okay, I'll listen to you. But I should probably tell you, I'm not wearing any clothes.'
18. Insist that the caller is really your buddy Leon, playing a joke. 'Come on, Leon, cut it out! Seriously, Leon, how's your momma?'
19. Tell them you are hard of hearing and that they need to speak up . . . louder . . . louder . . .
20. Tell them to talk very slowly, because you want to write every word down.
NOTICE: The above have all been tested and approved for use on telemarketers. No Telemarketers were harmed in the testing.
Responses to Use With Telemarketers Part 1
1. If they want to loan you money, tell them you just filed for bankruptcy and you could sure use some money.
2. If they start out with, 'How are you today?' say, 'I'm so glad you asked, because no one these days seems to care, and I have all these problems. My arthritis is acting up, my eyelashes are sore, my dog just died . . . '
3. If they say they're John Doe from XYZ Company, ask them to spell their name. Then ask them to spell the company name. Then ask them where it is located, how long it has been in business, how many people work there, how they got into this line of work if they are married, how many kids they have, etc. Continue asking them personal questions or questions about their company for as long as necessary.
4. This works great if you are male. Telemarketer: 'Hi, my name is Judy and I'm with XYZ Company. ' You: Wait for a second and with a real husky voice ask, 'What are you wearing?'
5. Cry out in surprise, 'Judy? Is that you? Oh my God! Judy, how have you been?' Hopefully, this will give Judy a few brief moments of terror as she tries to figure out where she could know you from.
6. Say 'No' over and over. Be sure to vary the sound of each one, and keep a rhythmic tempo, even as they are trying to speak. Sing in an operatic voice if possible. Or a 'Tiny Tim' falsetto. This is most fun if you can do it until they hang up.
7. If MCI calls trying to get you to sign up for the Family and Friends Plan, reply, in as sinister a voice as you can, 'I don't have any friends, would you be my friend?'
8. If the company cleans rugs, respond: 'Can you get out blood? Can you get out goat blood? How about human blood?'
9. After the Telemarketer gives his or her spiel, ask him or her to marry you. When they get all flustered, tell them that you can't just give your credit card number to a complete stranger.
10. Tell the Telemarketer that you work for the same company, and they can't sell to employees.
Women's response to:
2 inches - I can't even hold it.
3 inches - Never been so unsatisfied.
4 inches- I've had bigger than it.
5 inches- Good , but I wish a bit bigger!
6 inches - perfect.
7 inches - Love it.
8 inches - Wow ! but can't have it all.
9 inches - Painful but manageable.
10 inches- Too much pressure on stomach.
This survey was Customer's Feedback on different SIZES of:
Subway Sandwiches !
But I love the way you think!... and this is why I worry about you ...
A woman from the deepest, most southern part of Alabama goes into the local newspaper office to see that the obituary for her recently deceased husband is written. The obit editor informs her that the fee for the obituary is 50 cents a word.
She pauses, reflects and then says, 'Well, then, let it read, 'Billy Bob died'.'
Amused at the woman's thrift, the editor says, 'Sorry ma'am, there is a 7 word minimum on all obituaries.'
Only a little flustered, she thinks things over and in a few seconds says.....
'In that case, let it read, 'Billy Bob died - 1978 Pick-up for sale.' '